Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

What are we resolving to, anyway?  This time of year seems to be a magnet for broken promises, which by February is what many resolutions will become.  That idea of uselessness particularly compounds the depression, especially when we stop and consider that many New Year’s Resolutions are valuable, worthwhile, and should be made!

However when I look out and see what everyone is resolving to- better health, happier times, smoother living, I realize that all of these decisions and feeble promises points to our more optimistic side.  As human beings we desperately want to do the best and to see the best and on untarnished, almost virginal New Year’s Day, we can be whoever we want to be.  Suddenly, we control destiny; we are the helmsmen of our fate.

Why do we lose this personal resolve in one night’s sleep?  Tomorrow, when many of us awake, the morning will not feel the same as this morning, but in so many ways tomorrow is the same as today.  If life is to be a happy experience (and for your sake, and mine, I hope it is because, hey, it’s an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity) then we have to remember daily determination, that key of doing the hard things, which brings so many rewarding moments. 

Wake up tomorrow and keep the promises you made today- and even make a few more.  See tomorrow as a blank slate, just as you saw today.

And I will try to do my best, as well, to keep my New Year’s Resolution:
Stop preaching at people!
;)

I hope that all of my blog-o-sphere has kept healthy and wealthy in my absence.

Much heart,

Clott 

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see you blogging again. I know I have missed reading your words. Don't stop preaching to people, I heard you did a really great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. big difference between "preaching at" and "preaching to". :) can't wait to read your next blog, and see how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete