Saturday, August 25, 2012

And I've Murdered Yet Another

I have never had a green thumb to speak of.  When I was in high school, I always tried to have a large vegetable garden, but between camps and the heat and my juvenile level of devotion, I soon had a weed bed.  Most plants that come my way end up going to the green house in the sky or to the care of other more talented people.

That is, until Bambi, the Bamboo came my way.  

Last year for welcome week Campus Activities Board (CAB) gave away good-luck bamboos.  I thought it was darling and naturally I took one of my own.  Oh how it grew!  And it only took one watering a week!

Coming into my dorm this year, well, we had an accident.  The poor thing fell not once, but twice.  Each time the rock bed that it was grounded in scattered on the gravel parking lot and each time I picked up the rocks and the plant.

Bambi is still alive, but I fear just. The leaves are in "distress green" and it appears the tips are losing even more color.  

So any tips?  Any words of help for my poor house plant?

2 comments:

  1. I knew I should have kept it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no help for you. I kill anything green... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete