Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogging for Money?

So I just checked my statistics, O Blogosphere family.  It turns out that we really ARE a family.  This blog has been visited 2,075 times since I created it 10 weeks ago.  Can you believe how short of a time I have been blogging?  I am so thankful for all that read my blog.  It certainly brightens my spirit to know how many of you are out there!  I have had most of my visits in the United States (roughly 1,900) but 90 came from the United Kingdom, and 8 from Japan (although, chances are, those were spam.  Spam from Japan- what a rhyme, oh what a time we have on this blog on a log!).

So that is good!  I want to give my heartfelt gratitude to all those that read, whether once or everytime I post.  Thank you so much.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this was possible.

Which brings me to what I wish to discuss with all of you today.  I can start integrating advertisements into my blogs.  For money.  Like blogging could be a job for me.

You see, Google owns Blogger, which means the ads I would display on my blog would be an extension of the ads you see if you have ever used the Google search engine.  Since Google is always trying to "read minds" they would (likely) pertain to the subject I was writing about.  I could integrate a lot of ads or a few.  The more I put in, the more money I would make. 

The technical way I would get paid is an advertisement would present a link.  Every time a reader clicked on the link, I would get paid by the owner of the website. 

So... what do you think?  Is it worth it?  Is going commercial worth it?  Chances are I would NOT make a lot of money (my guess is a couple of dollars a month).  I would plague the blog with ads... it wouldn't be horrible- but I want YOU, all of you, the people I actually write for, to make this decision with me. 

SO... please, please, PLEASE comment, or email, or Facebook, or text me, or even write me a letter.  It would be a neat opportunity, but not if it means sacrificing too much integrity. 

This week looks to be interesting... no promises on a new blog until Thursday.  I'll post on FB if I get one up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yours,

Clott


PS- For my paper which I asked the blogosphere family with help on: I chose the topic of Inter-Faith Marriages.  Blended families, which was my most common suggestion received, was just too broad.  Thanks again!!

2 comments:

  1. It's your blog site only you can make that decision. "Commercialized Colton" Some how it seems to take away from the purist. On the other hand all college men need money. Your choice buddy. If you do it I'll read the ads (just to put money in your pocket).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your inter-faith idea. Can't wait to hear how that paper comes out.

    ReplyDelete