Friday, October 21, 2011

Small Stuff

I think I survived this week.  Someone cyber-pinch me, please. 

I am SO elated! My family comes in tonight for parent’s weekend.  I missed them so greatly.  I may not seem overly sentimental, and I am incapable (mostly) of feeling homesick, but I did miss my family. 

I have a very funny story to tell all of you, my lovely blogosphere family.  A week ago my First Year Seminar professor and I were talking about the meal that we are serving on Sunday.  I was in charge of survey and ticket distribution, and it was looking like everything was about to unravel if we were not playing very very carefully.  I reassured him that everything would be okay because, “it’ll all work out.  None of us will die and we will do okay.”

He smirked and said, “I like your “nobody’s dead yet style philosophy.”

I considered this for a while and ultimately decided that I had gathered my, “don’t worry unless someone is dying” style of worrying from my grandmother Jayne.  She made a point to tell me to, “don’t sweat the small stuff- and this is small stuff!”  Everything was small stuff to Meme Jayne, except matters of life and death (and then it may STILL be small stuff, or just “another lap around the mountain!)

I miss my grandmother particularly today, and I cannot wait until Thanksgiving finally creeps in so that I can see her.  We have hours upon hours’ worth of conversation to have.  The only person that can talk more than Dad is Meme Jayne, and they are the only two that can beat me. 

I’ll blog more this week, promise.

Clott

2 comments:

  1. "Don't sweat the small stuff" is a true statement indeed. However, you must take care of the small stuff, the big stuff will take care of its self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work so hard on getting the small stuff planned and organized that when the big stuff comes, I can just wait it out. Someone gave you good advise. Amen!

    ReplyDelete