Saturday, August 6, 2011

Car Conversations- At night!

The buzz of talking friends surround my ears as we approach Lubbock to see Alyssa and Dirk get hitched.  Words are flying as each of us explain our views, defend our opinions, and question the perspective of others. 

I have always loved car trips because something in me clicks. Inhibition leaves... Jaws unclench... And words flow.  I can let my opinions (dare I say true colors?) show. My hopes and fears, angers and joys can be expressed and somehow as the road flies underneath the vehicle, the fear I had goes with it. 

To this day the best conversations I've had with my father where in the car. The only time I ever deeply spoke of religion with my grandmother was equally in the car. 

Just as communion is the essential community builder (among more things than I can list here) riding in a car is the essential conversation starter. At least to me. 

Estimated time of arrival is 2:20 AM. Best of luck being bright eyed and bushy tailed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment