Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rosemary Kennedy and Uncle Bob

So today has been, on the whole, a “blah” day.  Not bad, not good, just was.  I went to class, and it was nice.  Then I went around and experienced a little more of Eureka. I found the post office and picked up more stamps for my writings.  Then I went to Uncle Bob’s Ice Cream and I ate the most delicious ice cream I have ever had.  It put cold stone or the marble slab or even Braum’s to shame; literally the creamiest ice cream I have ever had.

Trying to work up the motivation to do the homework for tomorrow, which is harder tonight than normal.  Somewhere in today I have lost my oomph, which I’ll get back tomorrow.  I just feel lethargic!  Some of it is that I know I have tomorrow morning to do the work, which I will most likely take advantage of.  Part of me knows that I will do the lion’s share tonight still.  Some of me just wants to go to bed and wake up at five. 

Some of what has got me down is Rosemary Kennedy.  That is a really depressing story.  I am not sure if it was just arrogance or a father trying to truly help his child, but at the end of the day it is a story that just sucks the soul out of me.  To think of a girl of 23, while not the smartest and probably mentally handicapped, was removed of higher conscious thought is just a horror story to me.  It is a fate worse than death. 

It is stories like these that make me question all of universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment