Friday, September 2, 2011

Ardmore No More!

Never before have I wanted to go to an Ada High School football game more than I do tonight, 702 miles away.  It’s not because I want to go be a part of that ritual, because I really don’t, even though I would love to see my friends and my Ada community.  Rather it is because my brother is playing tonight. 

Chase (who gets to be a part of the first stinking play, against Ardmore, as a SOPHOMORE!) will be out there tonight and I desperately want to be there to watch him.  I actually thought about driving, and if I would have made the game (leaving at 7:00-8:00) I would have totally been there for the weekend.  However, alas and alack, I cannot and I did not, but it took a lot of self-discipline. 

So while I heard the faint whispers this morning of “Ardmore No More” all the way from Ada this morning, know I won’t be there to yell it with you.  But I can say that I am earnestly saying it in my heart.  You have supporters, even 702 miles away.

Chase, you’re going to do well!  Know I am watching the best I can!  Love you brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment